LINKING WITH THE WCET CONGRESS
Has your organisation ever thought about co-hosting a professional conference?
The WCET encourages other Enterostomal Therapy Nursing or allied organisations to consider linking with the WCET when planning future conferences.
Professional conferences are well known as an effective way to disseminate new information and promote professional networking among participants.
There are a number of factors to consider when organising your next congress or conference:
- Enterostomal Therapy Nurses and other allied associated professionals have less available time to attend conferences due to the increasing pressures and demands on our time.
- In many instances meetings occur simultaneously or close in time to one another forcing the attendee to choose between high quality meetings.
- Although there is an increasing number of conferences offered every year, health organisations have restricted funding for supporting conference attendance.
- Industry supporters of conferences have limitations on exhibits and sponsorship funding to assist professionals to attend meetings.
Joint conferences offer a number of advantages including, but not limited to:
- Travel and time savings for participants, especially those who belong to several organisations.
- Increased professional exposure for members of both organisations with possible networking and collaborative opportunities.
- Convenience for exhibitors in terms of shipping, assembly and staffing of their exhibits.
For further information contact the WCET Congress and Meeting Coordinator.